Full-time – Chicago, IL, USA
Do you dream about pushing boundaries, using innovative technologies, and making an impact through your work? Innovation is at the core of who we are and everything we do. It’s how we design, code, and live.
Startup Foundry is private-equity funded. We are not your typical startup and this is not your typical 9 to 5 job. We build innovative companies that can transform industries. We do this by investing in people.
and CTOs at the companies we build.
We are looking for brilliant, entrepreneurial engineers who will help shape the future. We’re looking for people who are tired of writing code for others and who want to be part of building entire companies.
Every year, we identify 3 to 5 scalable and profitable business models. We research, develop, and test those models. We form teams to transform validated ideas into great businesses. Although a project team typically includes no more than three or four full-time engineers, everyone on the team receives options in any new company we launch.
Projects are short (typically 60 to 120 days), so you’ll never get bored. Every few months you’ll face a new challenge, learn about new technologies and industries, and do things that make your heart beat faster (in a good way).
We have a fast-paced, high-energy, passionate, fun and creative environment with a sharp, motivated team.
We’re looking for engineers who are not afraid to stick their neck out in pursuit of innovation and creative solutions. People who know what they want, who execute against all odds, are meticulous, detail oriented, and take pride in their work.
We are not concerned with your education. We are concerned with your experience and want to see your recent work.
This is not an adventure for the faint of heart. We’re building a dream team.
If you’re excited by this opportunity, read on…
This is you:
- MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong grasp of Python Programming Language and Algorithms, Data Structures.
- Familiarity with at least one Python Web Framework.
- Proven Experience with Relational and Non-Relational databases.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop, Spark and other systems for manipulating large datasets.
- Proven experience manipulating large and complex data bases.
- Strong experience with Linux systems and servers.
- Proven experience managing software development teams.
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning Algorithms such as Neural Networks, kNN, Decision Trees, SVM, Linear and Logistic regressions, Reinforcement Learning, and related techniques.
- Hands on experience with Natural Language Processing algorithms.
- Proven experience managing Cloud based servers and resources like AWS, Experience developing test cases.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment systems.
What you will do:
- Supervise the engineering and data team (3 people).
- Analyze technical data and architecture; advise CEO on engineering strategy.
- Design and implement applications that leverage modern Artificial Intelligence techniques to solve problems.
- Collect, analyze, normalize, sanitize, and prepare data for processing, statistical analysis, and implementation of predictors that use machine learning techniques.
- Develop, create, modify, supervise and coordinate the design and scalability of high-traffic web applications based on artificial intelligence solutions for business to consumer, business to government, and business to business products and services using Memcache, ElasticSearch, Redis, Varnish, MySql, Spark, Hadoop, Django, Python, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker, nginx, Varnish, and uwsgi.
- Develop, create, modify and supervise design of software products based on scientific analysis and mathematical, machine-learning models.
- Oversee and supervise use, maintenance and deployment of databases and database schemas using mySQL, PostgreSQL, BigTable, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra and other NoSQL technologies that are used to store and retrieve data used in statistical analysis, machine learning and other artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Oversee and lead infrastructure design and implementation on the scalable cloud at Amazon Web Services, utilizing application and database servers on AWS, Amazon Machine Learning, EC2, RDS, Google Cloud Platform, and related technologies, with the goal to optimize operational efficiency, performance, and costs.
- Develop and direct the design and implementation of tools for software system testing and continuous code deployment.
- Implement solutions for text recognition using advanced NLP techniques combined with Machine Learning algorithms.
- Responsible for coordination and completion of projects and tasks, improvement of existing processes, monitoring systems, and guarantee high standards of availability for our sites and systems.
- Lead engineering team’s interaction with customers and the customer service team as it relates to system design, maintenance and performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine design feasibility and cost/time constraints.
- Get paid to do what you love.
These are the perks:
- Competitive salary, stock equity, health insurance, 401K.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- You decide your setup. We love big displays and Apple computers.
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks) and Kindle Paperwhite.
- Noise-canceling headphones to help you focus and listen to great music.
- Wear whatever you want. If you’re not embarrassed, neither are we.
We’re looking for incredibly smart, extraordinarily interesting people. We’re highly protective of our culture and this can be a pretty tough place to get into. When applying, please send links to things you’ve built.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com
Recruiters, your emails will be rm -f’d immediately.