Full-time – Chicago, IL, USA (or remote)
Do you dream about pushing boundaries, using innovative technologies, and making an impact through your work? Innovation is at the core of who we are and everything we do. It’s how we design, code, and live.
Startup Foundry is private-equity funded. We are not your typical startup and this is not your typical 9 to 5 job. We build innovative companies that can transform industries. We do this by investing in people.
and CTOs at the companies we build.
We are looking for brilliant, entrepreneurial engineers, designers and entrepreneurs who will help shape the future. We’re looking for people who want to be part of building entire companies.
Every year, we identify 3 to 5 scalable and profitable business models. We research, develop, and test those models. We form teams to transform validated ideas into great businesses. Although a project team typically includes no more than three or four full-time engineers and a UI/UX designer, everyone on the team receives options in any new company we launch.
Projects are short (typically 60 to 120 days), so you’ll never get bored. Every few months you’ll face a new challenge, learn about new technologies and industries, and do things that make your heart beat faster (in a good way).
We have a fast-paced, high-energy, passionate, fun and creative environment with a sharp, motivated team.
We’re looking for people who are not afraid to stick their neck out in pursuit of innovation and creative solutions. People who know what they want, who execute against all odds, are meticulous, detail oriented, and take pride in their work.
We are not concerned with your education. We are concerned with your experience and want to see your recent work.
This is not an adventure for the faint of heart. We’re building a dream team.
If you’re excited by this opportunity, read on…
This is you:
- 2+ years experience as an interactive designer.
- Expert proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq and other web design tools.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to assess data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Strong interaction design work, including the ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups.
- Experience working in an agile product development process.
- Knowledge of performance considerations in mobile and web applications.
- Strong understanding of mobile UX design patterns (both iOS and Android).
- Fluent in creating quick and dirty prototypes for web and/or mobile app experiences.
- A strong portfolio of mobile and web digital experiences demonstrating your creative problem solving solutions and use of typography, content, color, imagery and graphic elements.
- Knowledge of front-end markup (HTML/CSS/JQuery) a huge plus.
- You may not have all these skill yet, but you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- Passionate about being an entrepreneur.
What you will do:
- Take projects from start to finish by taking ownership of one or more parts of the user experience, designing interactions and interfaces.
- Collaborate with our lead UI/UX designer, product leads and software engineers to define, design and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute against multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment.
- Stay ahead of industry best practices and trends for UX design and processes.
- Prototype experimental designs and champion new ideas.
- Get paid to do what you love.
These are the perks:
- Competitive salary, stock equity, health insurance, 401K.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- You decide your setup. We love big displays and Apple computers.
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks) and Kindle Paperwhite.
- Noise-canceling headphones to help you focus and listen to great music.
- Wear whatever you want. If you’re not embarrassed, neither are we.
We’re looking for incredibly smart, extraordinarily interesting people. We’re highly protective of our culture and this can be a pretty tough place to get into. When applying, please send links on the App store to apps you’ve built.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiters, your emails will be rm -f’d immediately.