Full-time – Chicago, IL, USA
Do you dream about pushing boundaries, using innovative technologies, and making an impact through your work? Innovation is at the core of who we are and everything we do. It’s how we design, code, and live.
Startup Foundry is private-equity funded. We are not your typical startup and this is not your typical 9 to 5 job. We build innovative companies that can transform industries. We do this by investing in people.
and CTOs at the companies we build.
We are looking for brilliant, entrepreneurial engineers who will help shape the future. We’re looking for people who are tired of writing code for others and who want to be part of building entire companies.
Every year, we identify 3 to 5 scalable and profitable business models. We research, develop, and test those models. We form teams to transform validated ideas into great businesses. Although a project team typically includes no more than three or four full-time engineers, everyone on the team receives options in any new company we launch.
Projects are short (typically 60 to 120 days), so you’ll never get bored. Every few months you’ll face a new challenge, learn about new technologies and industries, and do things that make your heart beat faster (in a good way).
We have a fast-paced, high-energy, passionate, fun and creative environment with a sharp, motivated team.
We’re looking for engineers who are not afraid to stick their neck out in pursuit of innovation and creative solutions. People who know what they want, who execute against all odds, are meticulous, detail oriented, and take pride in their work.
We are not concerned with your education. We are concerned with your experience and want to see your recent work.
This is not an adventure for the faint of heart. We’re building a dream team.
If you’re excited by this opportunity, read on…
This is you:
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities, reflected in a portfolio of work.
- You understand that copywriting is design. You care about how things are phrased as much as you care about how they look.
- Experience creating responsive, single-page applications (preferably using React.js).
- Experience working with web development frameworks (Django, Rails).
What you will do:
- Help make UI and UX decisions by taking ownership of what users see. You will have a strong voice in how we develop, enhance and improve each product we build.
- Build reusable CSS/JS frameworks to simplify development and prototype experimental features.
- Write clean, practical, code. You will solve hard problems and make our front-end fast, elegant, standards compliant and awesome.
- Build leading edge features using AJAX, widgets, social, mobile, and more.
- Stay up-to-date with technologies so you can suggest new coding practices, recommend architecture changes and optimize scalability.
- Get paid to do what you love.
These are the perks:
- Competitive salary, stock equity, health insurance, 401K.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- You decide your setup. We love big displays and Apple computers.
- Free books (regular, audio, ebooks) and Kindle Paperwhite.
- Noise-canceling headphones to help you focus and listen to great music.
- Wear whatever you want. If you’re not embarrassed, neither are we.
We’re looking for incredibly smart, extraordinarily interesting people. We’re highly protective of our culture and this can be a pretty tough place to get into. When applying, please send links to things you’ve built.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiters, your emails will be rm -f’d immediately.